For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking a Senior Process Engineer – Process Division.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Lead the process engineering discipline in the initial and detailed project engineering phase for process equipment packages and projects.
- Process simulation and component specification of gas processing equipment (dehydration, fractionation, gas and liquid treating, hydrocarbon dew point control, mechanical refrigeration, separation, etc.).
- Scope definition, specification review, drawing preparation for proposals.
- Responsible for consistent transfer of process design from FEED or quotation stage to detailed engineering. Key in this transition is an effective kickoff period including review of drawings, bills of material, and control descriptions.
- Provide mentorship and training to more junior members of the projects and applications team, and to others within Compass.
- Support front end engineering and design (FEED) through detailed design and equipment delivery from a process engineering perspective.
- Confirmation of equipment from a process engineering perspective to meet customer specifications.
- Understanding of industry codes and market standards as well as ensuring such understanding among Compass personnel.
- Organizing and contributing to the intellectual property of the company with respect to process equipment design, construction, and operation.
- From a process engineering perspective, assist in the development of design standards, design tools, equipment specifications, procedures, and intellectual property development in the pursuit of company goals for the Process Division.
- Assisting service branches and technical support group with commissioning, start-up, modelling and optimization of new and existing field equipment.
- Interface with all operational departments including engineering and production during the project execution phase.
- Participation in preparation and training of applications engineers on process equipment sizing and estimating.
Education, Skills and Experience
Your education and experience include:
- Engineering Degree, Engineering Technologist, or other related discipline
- 15+ years’ experience in gas processing and compression equipment and facility design
- Construction and operation experience considered an asset.
- Registration with APEGA or other Canadian provincial P. Eng. Association.
- Knowledge of regulator requirements for construction, installation and operation of process equipment and oil and gas developments in general.
- Experience in development and management of technical teams.
- Willingness to work, participate, and get things done even with imperfect information and tight timelines
- Must be self-motivated and know how to balance team and individual goals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Competent with software applications including process system simulators, industry specific OEM software, communication software, ERP’s, etc.
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.