For us, people are the heart of our organization. For over 20 years, our team’s been making a name for Compass by manufacturing, retrofitting, and servicing compression and process packaging equipment of the highest standards for the North American natural gas industry. We’re established, privately owned, and proud of our company culture where employees are supported in training, development, and career progression. And the best part…the fun is just beginning! Today, Compass is at its most innovative and excited to be at the forefront of emerging clean technologies and a contributor to the global energy transformation.
Join Us. Help Shape the Future of Energy.
Compass is seeking Service Technicians for our Grande Prairie region.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Overhaul, maintenance and repair of gas compression engines as well as back up diesel generators.
- Trouble shooting ignition panels and instrument panels.
- Knowledge and experience in package start-up and commissioning.
- Combined Screw and Reciprocating compression experience would be an asset.
- Provide detailed record keeping and present detailed daily time sheets to customers.
- Recognize opportunities to improve service offerings.
- Communicate daily with Branch Operations Coordinator.
- Skilled tradesman, dedicated to performing quality work in a timely manner.
- Place high priority on safety of one’s self and others and abide by the companies safety policies and procedures.
- Strong promoter of the Compass Compression Vision, Mission, and Values.
What You Bring
Your education and experience include:
- Skilled Journeyman trades person.
- Prior certified engine or compressor training would be an asset.
- Ability to work in remote locations and be away from home when required to complete job scopes.
- Possess good driving habits and a clean Drivers Abstract is an asset.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Able to provide solid work references.
At Compass, we are always looking for the right people with “can do” attitudes and a willingness to help wherever needed, this means that you may need to take on other tasks and duties that may not be listed above or may change based on the location or needs of the company.
Grande Prairie, Alberta